Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

I didn't do a "thankful" post for Canadian Thanksgiving back in October, so I thought I'd do one today, in honor of my American friends, many of whom I have been so blessed to get to know recently through blogging, as you celebrate Thanksgiving today.

I'm also feeling as though I spend a lot of time thinking and talking and writing about things that aren't going well or that frustrate me - which is ok, and sometimes necessary. I've said before that I want this blog to be honest and real and true. I don't want to sugarcoat things and make it sound like our lives are perfect all the time, because they're not. I want to be open and honest about my struggles and challenges, not to vent or complain or to get sympathy, but to let others know that it's ok to struggle, to not love every moment, and to encourage others in knowing that they're not alone.

The truth is that motherhood is hard, but it's also so, so, SO good. I want to make sure I'm giving as much (if not more) attention and space on the blog to the good things. Because there is just so much that I have to be thankful for. So without further ado, here's what I'm most thankful for today.


Family
Grandparents, aunts, and uncles who love our little girl (almost) as much as we do.


Friends.
Especially my mom friends who I've been so blessed to walk this road with.


The house that has become our home.

Jobs that provide all we need and then some.

This precious year to stay at home with my daughter and be there for moments like these.



  These two...my family.


For a husband who changes diapers, reads stories, washes dishes, folds laundry, shovels snow, mows grass, goes to work every day for us, makes me laugh and think and be silly, and loves us so well.


For a precious daughter who has taught me so much about grace, patience, sacrifice, and unconditional love. Tessa, I am so thankful that I get to be your mom.



And most of all, for a loving Father God who has blessed me with all these.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...