Friday, November 1, 2013

Peanut Butter & Jam Muffins

     I came across this recipe in a cookbook I've had for years while looking for a new muffin to make for a playdate I hosted this week. The original recipe calls for chocolate chips, but also gives the option to substitute jam in place of the chocolate. I love PB&J so I thought these sounded so yummy! And they were! I made them the night before the playdate, then warmed them up a bit in the microwave before serving so they were just a little warm and the jam was nice and gooey. I think next time, though, I'd use even more jam!



Preheat oven to 400.
Grease a 12-cup muffin pan (or line with paper liners).
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
In the container of a blender or food processor, combine the peanut butter, milk, eggs and vanilla. Blend or process until smooth.
Add to the flour mixture, stirring just until everything is evenly moistened and combined.
Fill each muffin cup about half full with batter. Create a small crater in the center of each with a clean finger or spoon. Place approximately 1 tsp. of jam or jelly in the crater and cover completely with remaining batter.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.

5 comments:

  1. You make me drool everytime! And a recipe with stuff I already have in my pantry!? SCORE!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yum! I have to try these. Muffins are a great way to have a quick breakfast or snack on hand.
    Cindy from Superheroes and Teacups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! They're so good - hope you like them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Didn't sound good but they definitely look good! Hopped over from BloggyMoms.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...