Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! Time for another round of Friday favorites.

 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png


20130924-002301.jpg 

I wrote earlier this week about our ongoing sleep challenges. I found this post at just the right time - it was exactly what I needed to hear and it encouraged me to continue to follow my instinct and let go of any guilt I was/am feeling about my daughter's sleep patterns.


These DIY Christmas ornaments

DIY {Glitter} Twine Ball Ornament.  Easy to follow step-by-step tutorial!

How to Fold Paper Stars 

I've done so much pinning over the last two or three Christmases and I don't think I've actually done anything that I've pinned. This year's going to be different. I already bought supplies to make both of these ornaments, so I'm committed! I'll be posting my results once they're done!



Nanaimo Cheesecake

This combines two amazing desserts...Nanaimo Bars (a Canadian delicacy, in my opinion) and cheesecake. Say no more.


This video


Who doesn't love Kid President? He's got some great advice in this video called "20 Things We Should Say More Often".


This moment


 

I did a bit of Christmas decorating this week, and it so fun watching Tessa chase ornaments around and gaze at the lights in the window. I'm so excited for her first Christmas!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. Kelli K (Pretty Prairie)November 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM

    Love your Christmas window! And that is a great post on sleep - we are told so much and every baby is different we are the experts on our babies - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he hilarious? I love all his videos! :) Hoping my attempt at making the ornaments turn out...I'm not the most crafty person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelli! I know - that post made such a difference in my perspective and outlook on the whole thing. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, I love all of these! I need to go read your sleep post because we're in a horrible sleep phase over here. My eyes feel like they weigh a ton every morning :/ But it's not anything we're doing or not doing and it's nothing that needs to be fixed, it just needs to be waited out.


    That cheesecake looks AMAZING. I have no idea what Nanaimo is but it looks good. And I also have resolved to actually DO the pins I have on Pinterest. Can't wait to see your ornaments!


    Oh my gosh, that video!!! Sooooo good! I'm going to share that on my facebook! I definitely agree the world is a happier place with corndogs lol.


    And I love your window decor, so pretty and cozy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cheesecake look fabulous. And I want to learn how to fold those paper stars.

    Heidi’s
    Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jessica!

    Our little "regression" lasted about a week or so, now she's back to normal...it'll pass! You're right - just wait it out.
    Nanaimo bars are a yummy little dessert that I think are uniquely Canadian - they have a chocolatey crumb base, a vanilla custard filling and a chocolate glaze. SOOOO good.
    The ornaments are coming along...I don't have huge chunks of time to sit and make them so I'm only doing a few at a time...maybe I'll be finished by Christmas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it does...I can't wait to make it!
    The paper stars are super easy...I only had to follow the tutorial for the first one, now I can do them by memory. You should give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...