Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"Crunch Time"

     This week, I'll be having a conversation with my manager about my return to work. We're working on arrangements for childcare for when I go back. I'm so blessed to live in Canada where we get a full year of maternity leave and it's been such an amazing year and I'm so thankful, but reality is starting to hit me: In a little over 2 months, I'll be back to work.

     I feel like each month is going by faster than the one before - I'm still trying to figure out what happened to September, and it's already the second last week of October! I feel like I'll blink and it'll be Christmas and then I'll be back to work. So, with that in mind, I'm really feeling the need to soak up every second I have with Tessa. She's growing and changing so fast, and learning something new almost every day, it seems, and I don't want to miss any of it.




     I'm so thankful that I only have to go back to work part-time, so I'll still have lots of time at home with her once I go back, but in some ways I feel like it won't be quite the same. So I've decided that my blog, for now, will be taking the back seat. I'll still be posting, just maybe not as regularly as I have been. I do love blogging and I especially love the community I've found online through blogging, so I don't want to miss out on that, but I'm really feeling like it's "crunch time" on my maternity leave and I want to make the most of it.

     So, if you'll excuse me, I have a baby to go play with!

13 comments:

  1. I also live in Canada and have a little over 2 months before I have to go back to work from mat leave. I have been wondering how I will maintain my blog when I go back to work. I will only be going back part time as well which I am so grateful for. Since I take the bus I figured I will make posts on my phone while I am on my way to work and then do a little bit in the evenings after my little has gone to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the rest of your mat leave! Good idea to use your commuting time for blogging! :)

      Delete
  2. Play, play and PLAY! I know what you mean, it's the blink of an eye. Tessa is so darn cute...look at her little smile, and omg those arms and legs...it's the best!

    Hope your convo with your manager goes well!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta! I know - she's a little chunker eh? :)

      Delete
  3. That is so amazing that you get an entire year! SO amazing. What kind of work will you be going back to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that it is hard to go back to work, but you will LOVE working part time! I have been working part time (21 hours per week) since Myra was 3 months old and I love it. Every single day, I feel fortunate to have the best of both worlds. I feel like I get a lot of time to play with her on my days off, so I don't feel like I am missing things. I am also able to get a lot done on my days off, which is nice. On the other hand, going to work part-time allows me to get out of the house and socialize with other adults, which is awesome. It also allows Myra to socialize with kids her age, which has been amazing for her speech (she talks nonstop) and social skills.

    I know that was kind of long winded, but I feel so strongly about the topic that I had to share. Even if the first few days are tough, I know that you will also love, love, love working part time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard that Canada had awesome maternity leave benefits! That is so amazing. I had a grand total of THREE weeks maternity leave... it was interesting. I basically had to accrue sick days to use any time at all! Bah! Thanks for linking up with Time For Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - we have it so good here! Can't complain at all!
      Thanks for hosting again!

      Delete
  6. Oh going back to work is always so hard after your baby comes. How wonderful that you get a year off! We are not so lucky here in California. At least it will be part time. Best of luck in your transition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A YEAR FOR MATERNITY LEAVE?! WOW!!! Gosh Nancy, I hope you transition well. I'm in the middle of working just 6 days straight and it is one of the hardest things I have ever done!

    XO/Lena @ Root&Blossom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally understand! I would definitely be thinking of doing the same if I knew I would be going back to work in a couple of months. I seriously LOVE Canada for the fact that they let women take a year off after having a baby, that is so amazing. I hope you enjoy and cherish these last couple of months being home full time with Tessa <3 I loooooove that chub and all those rolls on her legs!!! And she looks JUST LIKE you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...